Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Soap Lake and The Grand Coulee

We went to Soap Lake, a mineral hot spring north of Moses Lake, after my triathlon. There are 23 different minerals in the lake and the water was really warm. The mud is so silky and feels so nice squishing between your toes. The boys had a mud fight with their dad and then took turns covering themselves up with it. This sign said, "This is indeed a God-given body of water for the ills of mankind." (I guess people used to go there for the healing powers of the minerals in the water. We thought that was kind of weird so of course bart took a photo.
Always tired on long road trips
The boys at the Grand Coulee Dam. I'm not sure who asher is trying to be...maybe spiderman.
All of us. Bart's great grandpa helped with the engineering of this dam.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amandaw said...

Hey, triathelon! Super impressed lady. I can't even spell it. My kids are so into Indiana Jones right now and love your daughter's name. Your kids win the coolest kid name award, I always tell people when they are pregnant. "Hey what about Asher...cool huh, I have a friend..." Hopefully you don't mind if an army of Asher's appear soon. Love ya,

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Seriously! That is so cool. i always wonder who does engineering on stuff like that! It always amazes me.

Perry Bunch said...

I love the picture with the kids in the car.