Thursday, May 6, 2010

Half Marathon



I decided to do a half marathon this year mostly to get ready for the triathlon I wanted to do this summer. I really like triathlons b/c of the swimming and I really don't like running which is the hardest for me. So I thought if I could get the running down it would be a piece of cake for the tri. I trained for 3 1/2 months almost every saturday morning doing a long run and a couple shorter runs during the week plus cross training. I had hoped to at least do it at a 10 minute mile but I finished with a 9:34 minute mile and my finish time was 2:05. So I was really happy about it. It was a totally flat course which is why I did that specific race (there are some cooler courses like the rock and roll run in Seattle but has way too many hills). This one was in Snoqualmie and I got to run right under Mt Si where Bart proposed to me.

3 comments:

kelly said...

congrats lady! that's awesome. and you look like you are cruising even at the end. good luck with the tri.

Ann said...

good job little baby. Now, just do a marathon! They're fun.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Seriously!!! You are crazy! Congratulations!