Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moses Lake Triathlon

My sister in law, Jane and I before the plunge.
Waiting for the start.
Just finished. We swam 1/2 mile, biked 12 miles and ran 3. My best event was the swim. I swam, got out, ran up the little hill and changed in under 20 minutes. At the pool I only swim 1/2 mile in 22 minutes. So I was really excited about that. I went in to the race with the goal to finish and for sure do it in under 2 hours and hopefully finish at 1 hour 45 minutes but I did it in 1:34 and I got 3rd for my age division (which only had 7 people so it's not quite as cool as you think). I was 14th out of all the women (there were only about 55). Anyway, I was so happy when I finished. I've done a couple of 10 Ks but I never did very well (running has never been my strength) so this was a really great experience for me. I was so happy when I was done I had a lump in my throat and I felt like crying. Jane did awesome too. She got 11th out of all the women and finish at 1:32. It was really nice having her there and super fun training with her.
My super fans. I think after Jane, I had the most people cheering for me.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ann said...

You should have taken your after the race photo with Jane with your TWO medals. Fancy lady getting two medals. Good job, again, Leslie, you guys did great!

Kim said...

WOW... way to go! Indianna sure looks cute in that rock eating picture!

Anna said...

YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN! I am so excited that you did this! It sounds like such an awesome experience! How long did you train? What was your training schedule?

I was going to start training for a fall triathlon last spring right before I found out I was pregnant. I still plan to do one someday, but probably not this year (I have NO time anymore)! I'll be looking for some tips for sure!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I can't believe you are trying to talk down your ranks. You are so crazy! that is awesome 3rd out of 7 and 14th out of 55. You are such an inspiration for me to get off my butt!

Scott said...

I am so proud of you!!!! Not suprised at all, though!!!

joy

RR said...

Hi Leslie,
its rachel(johnson). I went to your blog from Heidis. Sounds like things are going well with you and bart. I'll have to hopefully see you next time you're at the coppins down here. Let me know next time you come down. Rachel

Tracy said...

I'm so proud of you, Leslie! You are my hero. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Perry Bunch said...

Leslie- I so glad you found me. How are you? I told Jalyn that you left a message.I told her she needs to start a blog. This is great I can peek in your life at any time.